Submit a Question to
the State Archives
Territorial Governors letterpress books 1884-1919
Alaskan Corporation Index, Alphabetically
- Corporations: A (PDF)
- Corporations: B - D (PDF)
- Corporations: E - H (PDF)
- Corporations: I & J (PDF)
- Corporations: K - P (PDF)
- Corporations: Q - S (PDF)
- Corporations: T - Z (PDF)
Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Slides Index
For Genealogy Researchers
Military Service Records
Alaska’s Legislature passed a 1923 act* to compile a list of all Alaskans who served in the army, navy and marine corps during the Great War. The record included name, age, residence, place and date of entry, branch of service, service record, and date, place and type of discharge.
The Secretary of Alaska (Secretary of State) printed a list of all bona fide Territory residents who served April 6 1917–November 11 1918, and filed it for public inspection in the Territorial Auditor’s Office. In addition to information listed above, the Secretary’s register lists Alaskans who died while in the service of their country. An Alaska State Archives Employee transcribed the list to a spreadsheet, which is presented here in pd format.
* May 2, 1923; Laws of Alaska 1933 Chapter 54, Section 3207, page 112; Title 1, Chapter 72: Session of Laws of Alaska 1923.
- Alaska Constitutional Convention Recordings
- Exxon Valdez Litigation Documents Project Slideshow
- State of Alaska Lands Selections: Interviews conducted in 1981 regarding land selections by the State of Alaska 1959-1976
Alaska State Legislature House & Senate Committee Minutes are available from the State Legislatures link below. Audio recordings of Committee Minutes are available from 2005 to the present, 1993-2004 will be added shortly. 1972-1992 will be added in the future however no time table has yet been determined.
The Alaska State Legislature Committee Minutes Query
Other Research Material
- New! Nome Recorder’s Office volumes on loan with the Carrie M. McLain Memorial Museum
In 2005 the Alaska State Archives and the City of Nome entered into an agreement whereby 1,084 volumes of State of Alaska Recorder volumes were placed on loan with the Carrie M. McLain Memorial Museum. The following spreadsheet is a comprehensive list of those volumes currently held in Nome.
Nome District Book Inventory (XLS)
For further inquiries, please contact:Carrie M. McLain Memorial Museum
223 Front Street
P.O. Box 53
Nome, AK 99762
Phone: 907.443.6630 | FAX: 907.443.7955
- Archives for Regular People (PDF)
- Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Litigation Records Appraisal and Processing Project
- Territorial Lobbyists and Clients 1937-1953
Page last updated 02/28/2014